Monday, June 29, 2009

June 27, 2009 - San Francisco, CA

I knew I was home in SF when I woke up on the bus to the sweet smell of the salty bay water. We were in a rush because the doors were opening earlier than usual, and the buses were late. Arturo used his Jedi mind tricks to persuade all the loaders that they needed to bring our 6 heavy bins to our tent. The morning was organized chaos. The first order of business was to set up the tent, then hang the flags, set up all the merch tables, and finally set up the computers and monitors for the CBGB virtual tour . We had a few hours of technical difficulties, but we got it up and running.
I think the virtual tour has been really successful and people are telling me about their history at the club. One person told me about their first date there, and some else told me that he broke his wrist there. I like hearing all these stories.

At 5:30 we tore down and packed up everything we set up this morning. We're all sun burned from the rays reflecting off the bay. It got up to 100 deg F and my SPF failed. Someone told me " The coldest winter I ever had was a summer in SF"I think they lied. Now, we're off to Ventura!

No comments:

Post a Comment