Monday, June 29, 2009

Ventura Tales from Warped


Ventura's show was the best one so far. Arturo and I have almost nailed our morning set up. It was also the first day that I was able to get out into the swarm of kids and see what Warped was all about. I got a great spot in front of the main stage, but I lost my voice because I had to yell over the bands to talk to kids about our tent.

It was my first time seeing Anti Flag and I was so impressed! Their stage presence was so captivating; I couldn't take my eyes off them during their 20 minute set. They are really interactive with their fans too. At one point the bass player called out to a girl in the audience who had sang along to their entire set. She was thrilled.

Ventura is near the water, and the winds were kicking up and having their way with the tents. At one point, a gust of wind took our backdrop and a clothesline full of shirts. The poor guys next to us had a tiny tent and they were always on the verge of being blown away!

I got back to the bus around 6pm, and my bunk mates informed me that our call was 2:30 AM because Warped was hosting a movie premier. There are 3 boys from the UK on my bus that I adore. Paul, Matt and Joe own a clothing company called Baby Cakes, and we all walked to the premier together. They are so funny that they even made watching a movie called "Summer Bummer" worth the trip!

We're off today and we'll be at a resort in Arizona, so I'll be hanging by the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment