Monday, August 3, 2009

Chicago update by guest blogger Michelle!


This past Saturday, August 1, Warped stopped in Tinley Park, IL. I had a really interesting time because I went with friends who had been to Warped before and some who hadn't been.

Some of the highlights on the five stages were Alexisonfire, Scary Kids Scaring Kids and Less Than Jake. I also got to see an upcoming Chicago band, White Tie Affair, an electronica/pop/punk band play in the amphitheater. This band accesorizes their show! They had two yellow balloon men with "TWTA" printed on them.

I got to see the Boulder electronica band, 3OH!3 from backstage with a bunch of their fans. It was exciting to see the stage set up, the crowd dancing to their high energy performance, and guys and girls body surfing to the sing along.

My friends who had been to Warped before loved seeing Warped Alum bands like Bad Religion. My friends who had never been, were a bit overwhelmed by everything going on.

Even though it was chilly and rainy, no one seemed to mind the weather. I don't think the fans would let it interfere with their plans! I think music festivals are the best shows to go to for all the variety of bands and to be with fellow music fanatics!

No comments:

Post a Comment