Sunday, August 2, 2009

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Mother Nature I'm one rainy day way from kicking your butt!!!! Yes, it was another rainy day in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My one dream for this day was to recreate the opening scene from Laverne and Shirley, but it was swiftly canned at sight of the weather forecast. .
With the crazy weather it makes life very, very difficult to go out watch a set or meet new people because Arturo and I need to man the tent together in case of an emergency.
We have seen many tents go flying during this kind of weather which taught us to be safe than sorry.

After break down, the trailer on the back of my bus turns into the hang out spot for a lot of different people such as Bouncing Souls and their crew. As we were all hanging out, a bike gang approached us on their bright, pink Hannah Montana bikes. I realized it was the set up crew (such manly men). David told me to go get my bike because they were going on an adventure. Now, I'm not one to turn down any sort of adventure, so I dashed to my bus and hollered to the Bus 14 Bike Crew ( which is made up of Whitney, Erin and me), grabbed Ringwald and made our way to get to the Bus 4 Crew. When Terri says "don't worry guys just follow me," it could go 2 ways, good or bad; however, because we were all together it was bound to be amazing. We all ventured out of the venue following the bends in the lake, taking dirt roads,and gravel paths. All the boys were singing "The Time of Your Life" from Dirty Dancing at the top of their lungs. As we looked ahead, we had arrived at a huge Light House off a short pier! You could only see faint lights in the distance with tug boats circling. There was a period of about 10 minutes of silence... Which is unheard of because we all are very loud people. It was all too perfect. We made our way back just in time for bus call and we called it a night.

Looking forward to tomorrows Mustacheo Basho party in Detroit which is thrown by the Oliver Peck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment