Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hartford

The catering truck broke down :-( it is difficult to set up all of our stuff without eating a good wholesome fruit breakfast.... an empty stomach made it painful. Not to mention they were rolling the food carts past every five minutes just to taunt me. THANKFULLY, I have amazing friends in Hartford who were willing to go out of their way to bring their starving friend Taco Bell.

Today was definitely a great day because it was so nice to see familiar faces!! We had Rob from CBGB's come and see how we run everything, and I had my best friend Patrick come out. It was magical for me because when you are on tour for a really long time seeing one familiar face in a sea of kids is one of the best feelings in the world... not to mention, he hugs like a mom, which was needed more than the food he brought me.

The first band I ever saw while standing on the stage was Coheed and Cambria. Today, I had the greatest feeling being able to get my friends backstage passes. Patrick, Matt and Jerry really LOVE Big D and the Kids Table; and luckily they were on at 7:45 so I told them to meet me at the back door, little did they know I opened the door and they followed me on stage to a group of screaming people and Big D even walked past them. Their faces were priceless because I could tell they wanted to play it cool but they were singing along, laughing and then pointing at their friends in the crowd. I felt like a mom watching her child walk for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment