Saturday, July 25, 2009

Orlando , Florida

It's 10am in Orlando, 90 degrees with 80% humidity and when you breathe in it feels like you're drinking hot water. Two guys, totally unaffected by the heat, are driving up to us in a beach cruiser with drinks in hand. As they get closer, I realize it's Greg and Bryan from the Bouncing Souls. They came straight to hug Artie and introduce themselves to me. We got to chat for a while about the usual topics like: where are you from? what do you do when you're not on the road?...If I were only 16 again!

Florida has the "no cussing" on stage rule, and police were there on both sides of the stage to either issue tickets or arrest the offender(s)...A little too severe in my opinion, and every band that walked onto the stage made some remark about how mental the law was, and pushed the envelope a little, but always on their best behavior. Less Than Jake did have the hardest time censoring themselves. The band members banter alot between songs and as one member would start to swear, he was cut off or "rescued" by another band mate.

We break down at the last hour of the concert, of course, that's when the headline band starts. I did get to see glimpses of Greg wearing a white suit diving into the crowd. The Bouncing Souls are the perfect band to hear while breaking down because they take your mind off the lifting and heat, and from the peeks I stole, I'll try and catch as many sets as I can.

Erin, my bus mate, is from Orlando, so after the show, we jumped in her car and ventured out to her parent's house. It was so nice to be in a family environment. Her mom got us pizza and salad, and we just sat outside with her family and Hollywood Lies, a band that she manages. It was awesome to be out of the bus for a "home delivered" meal...not to mention I got an awesome "mom" hug!

Goodnight Orlando Helloooo Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment