Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Montreal

Leave it to me to be the only person pulled off the bus at 3 o'clock in the morning at the Canadian boarder to get my passport double checked...While all my busmates were sleeping off the day before, I was standing in a long line with neon lights beaming into my eyes. After about 20 minutes of standing around, I was finally allowed to rest my head on my pillow again.

BUT HEY I made it to Canada!

French Canadians dance rain or shine!!!! We were in Montreal in a massive rain storm, and suprisingley it was a LOT of fun!!!! We walked into the gravely lot at 7 in the morning with the sun shining and a soft breeze, but 4 hours later the wind picked up, the clouds moved in and the mist began to fall. Thirty minutes later, the mist turned into a full blown down pour. The crowd didn't even budge.

3oh!3 were on the main stage during the heaviest part of the storm. As I looked behind me, water was flooding the stage. All at once, we began sweeping off the standing water, making makeshift drains out of tarps and lifting up all the wires off the stage... and 3oh!3 KILLED the show. They didn't let a little rain stop them, and every time I turned around, they were dancing and jumping into the crowd.

When I ran back to the tent, I notice that our tent was transformed into the shelter for the kids trying to escape the rain. Arturo and I just hung out with the kids and talked about music, and cultural differences. We had to quickly pack up the merch so they wouldn't get rained on, and when the storm let up a bit, we packed up our truck and made the long walk in the rain back to the buses.... just to be woken up again at 3am to boarder patrol (don't worry i didn't have to leave the bus)!


Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment